Watch the video below twice. Complete a regular lab report for it like this ON A SEPARATE sheet of paper:
Problem: Will Diet Coke and Mentos make your stomach explode?
Experiment: In 3-4 sentences explain what they do for the experiment.
Results: Explain the results in 3-4 sentences
1. Watch this video first
2. Complete the worksheet on electricity terms
3. If completed you may work in iCivics
Recycling is an easy way to reduce the amount of trash you put into the landfill. Use this interactive (click on the picture below) to learn more about the the benefits of recycling.
Step 1 – Visit the Northeast part of the city. Mrs. will read through, with the whole class, each of the sites on this section of the city.
Step 2 – Choose two other parts of the city and read about what is happening there on your own.
Step 3 – Write 1-2 paragraphs telling about what you learned
You must complete a lab report for this video. Include the following on a separate sheet of paper. You may need to watch the video twice to get it all down.
Problem: Will dropping an appliance in a bathtub be deadly?
Experiment: You’ll need to write in the steps the Mythbusters used in this experiment
Results: Explain in a few sentences what happened in their tests and what adjustments they made
Read this article on biodegradability first.
If everyone has finished their test, you can watch this.
1. Read the first section of the Facts About Garbage article first. Homework assignment at the end of this post.
2. Watch this video next.
3. Watch this video last.
HW: Write a story about the journey your trash takes from the trash can in your house to being buried in a landfill.
1. After completing the boardwork, watch this movie first.
2. Mr. Jenkins will show you how to do get a sample from a place in the school.
3. Get your netbooks and copy the lab report from the class notes (search for “Life Science” on your docs if you can’t find it). Two at a time, Mr. Jenkins will have you swab something in the school. You get 1 minute to get the sample or you have a demerit. Mr. Jenkins will label the petri dish after you swab it. If you get the lab report set up and are waiting, you can do Google A Day or iCivics.
4. After everyone has got their samples, make a hypothesis about which place you think will be the dirtiest. Mr. Jenkins will then play the second video clip.